411 N 4th Ave
Tucson, AZ 85705
Antigone Books is proud to support local authors (Pima County, Arizona) and provide shelf space for Tucson’s writing community. Our consignment program enables us to carry titles that we cannot order through traditional purchasing. If you are interested in having your book(s) on consignment at Antigone Books, please review the following and complete the attached Consignment Request Form:
If your book(s) are published with an established publisher, please send us notification of your book’s publication to email@example.com. If we decide to carry it, we will purchase it through that publisher or our distributors. You do not need to complete our Consignment Request Form.
If your book(s) are self-published or not readily available through our normal distributors, we may choose to sell them on consignment. When your book(s) are on consignment, they remain your property until sold. Antigone Books cannot be responsible for lost or stolen merchandise. If you would like your book(s) to be considered for our consignment program, please read all points below:
- All consignment requests must be submitted in writing via the form below. We are not able to accommodate walk-ins, e-mail, or telephone inquiries.
- We do not accept consignment requests from November 15th through January 15th.
- To be considered for our consignment program, your book(s) must have the following:
- A printed and bound spine displaying the title and author name
- Paperback, hardcover, board, or equivalent cover displaying the title and author name
- Our consignment review process usually takes several weeks - we will notify you via e-mail of our decision as soon as possible. Materials submitted cannot be returned via mail. We will hold all materials for 30 days for in-store pickup at your earliest convenience; after this period, they may be donated. Review decisions made by our buyers are final. Please note that we are a NEW bookstore. We generally focus on recently published titles.
- When we carry your book(s) on consignment, we will stock your book(s) on our shelves for a period of at least six months (the consignment period). We will reach out quarterly if we need more copies.
- We begin with one single copy to gauge interest; if it does well, we may ask for more.
- Upon the sale of your book(s), you will receive 60% of the retail value of the book per copy sold. Checks will be sent quarterly (at the end of March, June, September, and December) unless if, at anytime during the quarter we owe you $100 or more.
- At the end of the consignment period, we will evaluate the success of your book(s). If no books were sold, we will notify you via e-mail that the consignment period has expired and you can come pick up your book(s). We will hold all unsold books for 30 days for in-store pick up at your earliest convenience.
New to consignment? Here are some tips:
- Encourage everyone you know - family, friends, and other contacts - to purchase your book(s) at Antigone Books during your consignment period.
- Contact local media and other outreach channels to announce that your book(s) are available for purchase at Antigone Books.
- Send out press releases, review copies, and other promotional materials to generate interest. Create a social media presence.
- Get involved with book clubs, schools, libraries, and other organizations relevant to your book(s) subject matter.
- All promotion is done via the author - the more you promote, the better you sell, and the more copies we can carry in-store for you!